Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins
A perfect treat for the vegan dessert connoisseur. You won’t be able to resist these mini muffins made with our gluten-free All-Purpose Flour Mix.
Makes 24 mini muffins
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 + 7/8 cup Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix, sifted (2 cups less 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening or dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Oil or line a 24-capacity mini muffin tin with paper liners, or oil and line a standard 12-cup capacity muffin tin with paper liners.
- Put the hot water and ground flaxseed in a small bowl. Mix, then let stand about 2 minutes to thicken.
- Put the All-Purpose Flour Mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the Mini Chips, tossing to coat.
- Put the sugar and shortening in the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl. Using the stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the flaxseed mixture, bananas, water, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Beat until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling each one about two-thirds full. Bake the mini muffins for 13 to 15 minutes, or large muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, then transfer each muffin to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, moving leftovers to the refrigerator or freezer.