Mornings spent on a tropical island are no longer a fantasy with our gluten-free Tropical Baked Pancakes. They’re made with a combination of our certified vegan Pancake + Waffle Mix and Seed & Fruit Mix.
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 T. allergy-friendly shortening
- 1 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Foods Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1 C. dairy-free milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ¾ C. chopped pineapple
- 1/2 C. + 3 T. Enjoy Life Foods Beach Bash® Seed & Fruit Mix, divided
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
- Put the shortening in a 9-inch glass pie dish. Put the dish in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Put the Pancake Mix and baking powder in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract. Stir to mix.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven. Pour the shortening into the batter, mixing well. Stir in the pineapple and 1/2 cup of the Beach Bash.
- Pour the batter into the dish, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of Beach Bash. Remember: the dish is hot!
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the pancake comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, then cut into slices and serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup and confectioners’ sugar.