Cozy up on a brisk fall day with this dairy-free porridge. It’s made with Enjoy Life’s gluten-free Caramel Apple Chewy Bar to pack a delicious, cinnamon kick.
Makes about 3 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 small apples, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 Enjoy Life Foods Caramel Apple Chewy Bars, crumbled into 1/2-inch pieces
- Put the water and nondairy milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, millet, buckwheat groats, cinnamon, salt, and apples. Return to a boil, then lower to medium-low heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and bring to medium heat. Cook until the mixture is thick and excess liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup and Caramel Appel Chewy Bars.
- Serve warm, adding additional dairy-free milk and maple syrup as desired.