Wow your friends (even your vegan friends!) on personal pizza night with our gluten-free and dairy-free baking mixes.
Makes approximately two 8-inch pizzas
For the sunflower parmesan:
- 1/2 cup (about 60 grams) raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons large-flaked nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
For the maple pizza sauce:
- 1 6oz/170g can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the crust:
- Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix, as needed
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 tablespoon mild olive oil or grapeseed oil, plus more as needed
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup cold water
- To make the sunflower parmesan, put the sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and garlic powder in a food processor. Process until the mixture is in small crumbs.
- To make the sauce, put the tomato paste, olive oil, red wine, maple syrup, oregano, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- To make the crust, put a baking sheet or a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°. Dust a workspace with the All-Purpose Flour Mix. Have a piece of parchment paper ready and set aside.
- Put the Pizza Crust Mix in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and 1 cup of the cold water, stirring until a soft, but workable, dough forms, adding the additional cold water as needed. Transfer the mixture to the workspace, kneading for 2 minutes until smooth and pliable, but not sticky. Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Lightly coat each ball with oil, then with oiled hands, pat and stretch the piece about 8 inches round and 1/4-inch thick. Loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm draft-free place for about 25 minutes. The dough will be puffy.
- Carefully transfer each dough to the preheated baking sheet (leaving it on the parchment paper). Bake until the top is firm and puffy, and the bottom is crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the dough to a cooling rack, moving it off of the parchment paper.
- To assemble and serve the pizza, set the oven to the broiler setting. Put the pre-baked crusts on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, and spread with sauce, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with the sunflower parmesan. Broil until heated through and the edges are crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.