- 3 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 2 T. oil
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 C. allergy-friendly pretzels
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the brown sugar, maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the pretzels. Mix until well coated.
- Spread the pretzels on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with the Dark Chocolate Morsels. Let stand for 3 minutes, until they start to melt. Use a spoon to stir to mix the Dark Chocolate Morsels into the pretzels (it doesn’t have to coat them; just mix together).
- Let the pretzels cool completely. The coating will harden as it cools. Once hardened, use your hands to break into pieces.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, moving any others to the freezer for up to 3 months.
Laurie Sadowski is author of The Allergy-Free Cook series and a series of gluten-free and vegan baking eBooks, and specializes in baking recipe development. See her work at www.lauriesadowski.com and www.etsy.com/ca/shop/letsbaketogether