Makes 12 muffins
- 2 T. dairy-free buttery spread, melted
- 1/2 C. raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 C. packed light brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix, divided
- 1 C. cold water
- 1/4 C. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with liners or oil well.
- Place the dairy-free buttery spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the sunflower seeds, stirring until the sunflower seeds are fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and 1 teaspoon of the Muffin Mix. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, pour the remaining Muffin Mix. Add the water and oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour the prepared Muffin Mix into a prepared pan, filling each one about half full.
- Pour the sunflower seed mixture evenly into the center of each muffin tin.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove and let the muffins cool. Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.