Makes 12 spiders
- Black licorice laces, rope or vine cut into 1" pieces for the legs
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Remove 12 cookies from the packaging and lay on a small cutting board or tray.
- Cut 6 protein bites in half and set off to the side.
- To assemble spiders: (1) spoon a little dollop of chocolate on in the middle of the cookie. Lay the spider “legs” in the chocolate, arranging so they will fan out on each side. (2) spoon a little more chocolate on top covering the legs to secure them. (3) spread a little chocolate on the cut side of the protein bite and gently place on top of the chocolate mound on the cookie for the “body” of the spider.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes and enjoy!
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve