Makes 1-10” pie
- 3 T. vegan margarine, cut into cubes
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- Pie Filling
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 c. dairy free milk
- 1 T. vegan margarine, melted
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. arrowroot starch
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crumble the Snickerdoodle Cookies into the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse into fine crumbs.
- Add the cubes of margarine and the brown sugar and process until well mixed.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” or 10” pie pan. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes or until fragrant.
- While the crust is baking make the filling by whisking everything together in one bowl. Pour into the par-baked crust, making sure to leave about ¼” height difference between the filling and the top of the crust on the edge.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes until filling is set and edges of crust are golden brown.
- Cool completely. Best served same day as baking- although crust can be parbaked ahead of time!