The possibilities of our gluten-free Soft Baked Cookies are endless. You’ve seen them baked into a pie crust, and now as a snickerdoodle crumble to top a vegan cake!
Makes 9 pieces
For the crumble:
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 4 Enjoy Life Foods Snickerdoodle Soft Baked Cookies
- 2 tablespoons shortening or dairy-free buttery spread
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree/mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened dairy-free milk, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- To make the crumble, put the pumpkin seeds, Snickerdoodle Cookies, and shortening in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is crumbly and starts to stick together, about 8 times.
- To make the cake, put the hot water and ground flaxseed in a large bowl. Mix, then let stand for about 2 minutes until thickened. Add the pumpkin puree, water, sugar, and oil. Mix well. Stir in the Muffin Mix and pumpkin pie spice.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing evening. Sprinkle with the crumble mixture, pressing down slightly. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool at least 20 minutes before topping with the glaze.
- To make the glaze, put the confectioners’ sugar, maple syrup, nondairy milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a small bowl. Stir to combine, adding additional nondairy milk as needed to make a thick, runny glaze. Drizzle the mixture over the cake, allowing it to set, at least 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, then moving leftovers to the refrigerator or freezer.