Makes 24 mini pancake bites
For the pancakes:
- 1 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Foods Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 6 Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies, broken into pieces
- 1 3/4 C. water
- 2 TBSP. olive oil or grapeseed oil, plus more for the pan
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 C. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 TBSP. pure maple syrup
- 2 TBSP. dairy free milk, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- Put the Pancake & Waffle Mix in a large bowl. Add the Snickerdoodle Cookies and mix to combine. Pour in the water and the oil. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared pan, filling each one about half full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bites cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer each one to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, put the confectioners’ sugar in a bowl. Add the maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of the nondairy milk, and the vanilla extract. Stir to combine, adding additional nondairy milk to make a thick, but runny consistency (you should be able to dip in the bites and let excess slowly drip off).
- Dip each cooled bite into the glaze, letting excess drip off. Return the muffin to the rack, letting stand until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, moving any others to the freezer for up to 3 months.
Laurie Sadowski is author of The Allergy-Free Cook series and a series of gluten-free and vegan baking eBooks, and specializes in baking recipe development. See her work at www.lauriesadowski.com and www.etsy.com/ca/shop/letsbaketogether