Maple Glazed Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread
Maple, Cinnamon, Spice and everything nice are found in this gluten-free Apple Bread.
Maple-Glazed Cinnamon-Spiced Apple Bread
Makes 1 loaf
Cinnamon-Spiced Apple Bread:
- 6 T. warm water
- 2 T. ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 C. organic cane sugar
- 1/3 C. mild olive oil or grapeseed oil, plus more for the pan
- 1/4 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C. unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 C. Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- 2 C. finely chopped apples
- 6 T. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. unsweetened dairy-free milk, plus more as needed
- 1/4 t. vanilla extract
- To make the bread, preheat the oven to 350° and lightly oil a 1-pound loaf pan.
- Pour the warm water over the flaxseeds in a small bowl. Let stand for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Put the sugar, oil, and brown sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat for about 2 minutes, until well combined. Add the flaxseed mixture, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Put the All-Purpose Flour Mix, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and xanthan gum in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Stir the apples into batter. The mixture will be very thick, with plenty of apples. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan.
- To make the Crumble, put the All-Purpose Flour Mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix to combine. Add the oil and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture onto the Bread batter in the pan, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. To avoid having all of the Crumble topping fall off when you turn it out of the pan, put a clean dishtowel overtop to help maneuver it onto the cooling rack.
- Once the Bread is cool, make the Maple Glaze. Mix the confectioners’ sugar, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Drizzle the mixture over the bread and let set before serving.