Combine our dairy-free Margherita Pizza Plentils with our gluten-free baking mixes to make the perfect bite sized appetizer the entire family can enjoy.
Makes 8 rolls
For the filling:
- 2 cups loosely packed kale
- 1 4oz/113g bag Enjoy Life Foods Margherita Pizza Plentils
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the rolls:
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 tablespoon mild olive oil or grapeseed oil, plus more as needed
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line an 8-inch round baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the filling, put the kale, Plentils, olive oil, and lemon juice into a food processor. Process until finely ground and sticky to the touch.
- Put the Pizza Crust Mix in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and 1 cup of the cold water, stirring until a soft, but workable, dough forms, adding the additional cold water as needed. Transfer the mixture to the workspace, kneading for 2 minutes until smooth and pliable, but not sticky.
- Roll the dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle, about 16 inches by 10 inches. Spread the filling over top, leaving a one-inch edge on a long side (16 inches) opposite you.
- Gently but tightly roll the dough away from you, starting on the long side (16 inches) closest to you. Pinch the seam to seal. Cut the dough into 8 equally-sized pieces. Put each one in the prepared pan.
- Loosely cover the pan with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm draft-free place for about 30 minutes. The dough will be puffy.
- Brush the dough with olive oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Serve, reheating any leftovers before serving.