Makes 16 brownies
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix
- 1 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 t. ground cloves
- 1/2 C. cold water
- 3 T. molasses (not blackstrap)
- 2 T. neutral-flavored oil
- 1/2 C. dairy-free buttery spread
- 2 T. molasses
- 2 C. confectioners’ sugar, sifted, plus more as needed
- Pinch salt
For the topping:
- 1/4 C. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- 1/4 C. candied ginger, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the Brownie Mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves to combine. Add the water, molasses, and oil, mixing briskly until lump-free.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 32-36 minutes. Cool completely in the pan.
- After the brownies are cool, make the frosting. Using a stand mixer, beat the buttery spread on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the molasses and beat until mixed.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and the salt to the mixture. Beat on medium speed to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then turn the mixer to high speed for an additional 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy, adding additional confectioners’ sugar if needed.
- Spread the frosting onto the cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the Mini Chips and candied ginger.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.