Combining two of our gluten-free baking mixes with our vegan chocolate makes for one delicious dairy-free dessert!
Makes 6 calzones
- Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix, as needed
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 tablespoon mild olive oil or grapeseed oil, plus more as needed
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 Enjoy Life Foods Ricemilk Chocolate Bars
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Have a piece of parchment paper ready and set aside.
- Put the Pizza Crust Mix in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and 1 cup of the cold water, stirring until a soft, but workable, dough forms, adding the additional cold water as needed. Dust your hands with the All-Purpose Flour Mix. Transfer the mixture to the workspace, kneading for 2 minutes until smooth and pliable, but not sticky. Divide the dough 6 pieces.
- Lightly coat each ball with oil, then with oiled hands, pat and stretch the piece into an oval about 4 inches by 6 inches.
- Put a Chocolate Bar on one half of the circle, just off-center. Using a bench scraper or a spatula, carefully lift the other side of the dough to cover the Chocolate Bar making a half-circle shape. Press the edges to seal, then roll them slightly to form a crust. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cut 3 small 1/2-inch slits in the top of each piece of dough. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm draft-free place for about 20 minutes. The dough will be puffy.
- Open the oven, and carefully line the baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Transfer each piece of dough to the baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the calzones from the parchment paper and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve, reheating any leftovers before serving.