Combine our vegan chocolate, gluten-free Crunchy Cookies and quinoa for a sweet treat with a nutritional kick. Dairy-free no-bakes have never tasted so good!
Makes about 12 cookies
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 package (179g) Enjoy Life Foods Sugar Crisp Crunchy Cookies, finely ground (scant 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegan buttery spread
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Put the water and the quinoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover, set to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stand 3 minutes. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until cool. The quinoa will be slightly firmer than usual; this is so the cookies don’t get mushy.
- Put the ground Crunchy Cookies and Mini Chips in a large bowl. Once the quinoa is cool, add it to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Put the brown sugar, cocoa powder, and coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the nondairy milk, vanilla, and salt. Scrape the mixture over the quinoa mixture. Mix to combine.
- Spoon mounds of the mixture, about 2 tablespoons each, onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- Serve cold (but not frozen; if you freeze them, transfer them to the refrigerator once they are firm). Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or the freezer for up to 1 month.