This gluten-free take on a traditional Canadian favorite is delicious. The best part? There’s no baking required! Enjoy this dairy-free treat as a mid-day snack or delectable dessert.
Makes about 16 bars
For the Crust:
- 12 Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies, broken into large pieces
- 10 Enjoy Life Foods Cocoa Loco Chewy Bars, broken into large pieces
- 3/4 unsweetened finely shredded dried coconut or 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup dairy-free buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
For the Topping:
- 6 ounces/170 grams Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on opposite sides for easy removal.
- To make the crust, put the Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies, Cocoa Loco Chewy Bars, and coconut in a food processor. Pulse until all of the ingredients are in small pieces, then process until the mixture begins to stick together. It might take awhile, but keep going – it will start to come together. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Transfer to the freezer while preparing the Filling.
- To make the Filling, put the nondairy buttery spread, nondairy milk, and vanilla extract in a stand mixer or a large bowl. Using the stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat on high until combined and smooth. Add 1 cup of the confectioners’ sugar and the arrowroot starch. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the remaining confectioners’ sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and spread the Crust with the Filling. Return the pan to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- To make the Topping, put the Chocolate Mini Chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on 30 second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth. Do not over heat. Spread the mixture on top of the Filling. Refrigerate until set, then cut into pieces.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, moving leftovers to the freezer.