Makes about 1 cup
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Cocoa Loco Chewy Bars
- 2/3 C. dairy-free milk
- 2 T. ground chia seeds
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Put the Chewy Bars in a food processor or small blender. Pulse about 10 times until the bars are in small chunks. Add the remaining ingredients. Puree or blend until smooth and thick, scraping down the sides if needed, at least 1 minute. The chia will thicken the mixture as it stands.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. If you want a creamier consistency (this will be thick, but mousse-like), add more milk after it thickens to your preference.
- Serve with a salty snack, like pretzels, plain potato chips, crackers, or Plentils.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Laurie Sadowski is author of The Allergy-Free Cook series and a series of gluten-free and vegan baking eBooks, and specializes in baking recipe development. See her work at www.lauriesadowski.com and www.etsy.com/ca/shop/letsbaketogether