Makes 4 parfaits
For sunflower seed whip:
- 1 C. raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 C. to 1 C. unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1/4 C. pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. salt
- Fresh fruit, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 C. all-natural strawberry jam (optional)
- 1 T. granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 box (5 bars) Enjoy Life Foods Cocoa Loco Bars, broken into pieces
- Note: The sunflower seed whip needs to start preparation 8 hours in advance.
- To prepare the sunflower seed whip, add the sunflower seeds to a bowl and add enough water to cover by at least two inches. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the sunflower seeds. Transfer them to a food processor or high speed blender. Add 3/4 cup of the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed, and adding additional milk to make a thick, but smooth, consistency.
- Put the fruit in a large bowl. Mix with jam or sprinkle with sugar, if desired. This will create a thicker, almost syrupy fruit, and is optional depending on the ripeness and your desired tastes. If using the jam mixture, let stand 20 minutes.
- To assemble the parfaits, layer the Cocoa Loco Bars, fruit, and sunflower seed whip in glasses.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.