Make your mornings more delightful with gluten-free Chocolate Cookie Biscotti. They will transform your kitchen into an allergy-friendly cafe!
Makes about 12 biscotti
Chocolate Cookie Biscotti:
- 6 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T. mild olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C. Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix
- 1/4 t. xanthan gum
- 1 C. chopped Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies
- 1 oz./28 grams Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 1 t. mild olive oil or grapeseed oil
- To make the Biscotti, preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a mixer. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Put the Muffin Mix and xanthan gum in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the Muffin Mix to the applesauce mixture. Beat until combined. Stir in the Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, using your hands if needed. The mixture will be stiff.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet. Form into a log, about 3 inches wide, 8 inches long, and 1 inch high. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until firm to the touch but not hard. Let cool 10 minutes, then put the log on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1-inch slices. Lower the oven temperature to 300°. Put each slice on the baking sheet, cut-side down. Bake for 15 minutes, Turn the slice over to the other cut side is on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, until firm to the touch. The biscotti will continue to harden as it cools. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the Drizzle, put the chocolate mini chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on 30 second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the tops of the biscotti. Let stand until set.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days, moving leftovers to the refrigerator or freezer.