Makes 4 servings
- 3 C. unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 3/4 C. mashed pumpkin, canned or fresh
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. ground ginger
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 150g Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 C. unsweetened natural sunflower seed spread
- Pure maple syrup to taste, about 2 to 3 T.
- Combine the dairy-free milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Bring to medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until bubbles begin to form and the mixture is steaming, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and sunflower seed butter. Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture on medium speed until smooth, or whisk briskly until thick and creamy.
- Serve warm, storing leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, re-heating before serving.
Tip: If you have leftovers, stir them into a bowl of quinoa for a hot morning cereal, blend with banana and ice cubes for a quick smoothie, or use as a dip for your favourite Enjoy Life Foods cookies or raw apple slices!